Admissions and Auditions
Join our Family at Southeastern
Whether you plan to major in music or develop your artistic interests and abilities while majoring in another field, the Southeastern's Department of Music and Performing Arts has something to offer you. The department offers undergraduate degrees in Music Education, Music Performance, Jazz Studies, a minor in music, graduate degrees in Music Performance, Music Theory, Choral Conducting, Instrumental Conducting, and performance opportunities for all Southeastern Students.
Dates and Deadlines
January 15: Southeastern Priority Application Deadline for Academic Scholarships
May 1: Enrollment decision deadline
NOTE: It is better to audition sooner as scholarship money does run out every year.
Auditions are traditionally held in person either at one of our auditions or at another
time. If you are unable to audition in person we can make accommodations for a virtual
How to Apply:
Step 1: Apply to Southeastern
Apply to the University first:
Step 2: Set up an Audition to the Southeastern Department of Music
Once you have submitted your application to Southeastern you will need to fill out an application for the Music Department. Once you have filled out the Music Department application one of our faculty members will be in touch with you to set up the audition. This is your application for audition, admission, and music scholarships.
Undergraduate Student Audition Application (COMING SOON)
Undergraduate Audition Requirements
- Band: Perform two contrasting pieces and 2-3 scales
- Guitar: See Attached
- Jazz Studies: See Attached
- Percussion: See Attached
- Piano: Perform 2-3 contrasting pieces, scales, and sight reading
- Strings: Perform approximately 20 minutes of music that includes 2 contrasting pieces or movements
- Voice: Perform two contrasting songs from memory. A pianist is provided at the audition.
- The audition day will include a 15 minute audition and interview. Potential students and their parents will be given the opportunity to ask our faculty questions at the end of the playing portion of the audition. There are also various events that will take place during the audition day including campus tours, scholarship presentation, etc.
- Typical Audition Day Schedule
- The Southeastern Music application also serves as your music scholarship application.
Other campus offices which you might need to contact: