Admissions and Auditions
Join our Family at Southeastern
Whether you plan to major in music or develop your artistic interests and abilities while majoring in another field, the Southeastern Louisiana University Department of Music and Performing Arts has something to offer you. The department offers undergraduate degrees in Music Education, Music Performance, Jazz Studies, a minor in music, graduate degrees in Music Performance, Music Theory, Choral Conducting, Instrumental Conducting, and performance opportunities for all Southeastern Students.
Dates and Deadlines
November 7: Audition Date #1
January 15: Southeastern Priority Application Deadline for Academic Scholarships
April 15: Complete Audition for Fall 2020
May 1: Enrollment decision deadline
NOTE: Spring audition dates will be announced later this fall.
We plan to have an in-person audition on Saturday, November 7. If the COVID-19 pandemic
will not safely allow this we will move to a virtual audition model. If this move
is necessary we allow potential students to audition virtually or delay their audition
to the spring.
How to Apply:
Step 1: Apply to Southeastern
You must apply to and be accepted by the university before you can join the Southeastern Department of Music:
Step 2: Set up an Audition to the Southeastern Department of Music
Once you have submitted your application to Southeastern you will need to fill out an application for the Music Department. We are now only accepting video auditions due to the COVID outbreak. Please see below for audition requirements and send a video to email@example.com after filling out the application.
- Band: Perform two contrasting pieces and 2-3 scales
- Guitar: See Attached
- Jazz Studies: See Attached
- Percussion: See Attached
- Piano: Perform 2-3 contrasting pieces, scales, and sight reading
- Strings: Perform approximately 20 minutes of music that includes 2 contrasting pieces or movements
- Voice: Perform two contrasting songs from memory. A pianist is provided at the audition.
- The audition day will include a 15 minute audition and interview. Potential students and their parents will be given the opportunity to ask our facutly questions at the end of the playing portion of the audition. There are also various events that will take place during the audition day including campus tours, scholarship presentation, etc.
- Audition Day Schedule