Teaching - Multiple Level
Southeastern’s Master of Arts in Teaching Multiple Level program is an alternative
program leading to Louisiana teaching certification. The program is available with
concentrations that lead to specific certifications that range from working with birth
to 12th grade students. A strong emphasis is places on relevant field experiences
throughout the program. Students gain the knowledge, skills, and dispositions needed
to have a positive impact on student achievement within their certification area.
Special Education/Early Intervention, Birth 5 Path of this program is a hybrid degree
program that can be 50% - 99% online.
- Elementary Education Grades 1-5
- Secondary Education Grades 6-12 *
- Grades K-12 *
- Special Education Early Intervention: Birth- 5
- Special Education Elementary Grades 1-5
- Special Education Secondary Grades 6-12 *
- *Contact the Department of Teaching and Learning for certification areas.
Required Semester Hours 39
- 39 semester hours
- Completion of all Praxis exams for the certification area of the selected concentration: Praxis
Core and Praxis Content exams are required for admittance, Praxis teaching area exams
must be completed while in the program
- Complete all requirements stated in the catalogue and the candidate’s degree plan
- Satisfactorily complete all graduate work with a cumulative “B” average. Degree candidates
must earn an average of “B” or better, both cumulative and in the major area of concentration,
with no more than six semester hours with a grade of “C: counted towards a degree.
No credit below “C” will be accepted for graduate degree credit.
- Be recommended for the degree by the student’s major professor.
What Can You Be
Types of Jobs
- Elementary Education Teacher
- Secondary Education Teacher
- Special Education Teacher
- Music, Art, PE, or Language Teacher
Types of Employers
- Public Schools
- Charter Schools
- Head Start or Early Steps
Student Orgs & Activities
Southeast Reading Council
Student Education Organization
Dr. Susan Zimlich, Graduate Coordinator
Cate Teacher Education Center, Room 2018 K
Hammond, LA 70402