How to Register in Handshake as an Employer
Follow these steps to CREATE A HANDSHAKE ACCOUNT:
- Go to selu.joinhandshake.com
- Click "Sign Up for an Account"
- Choose "Employer"
- Fill in your information and click "Sign Up"
- Complete your company profile. Be sure to connect with Southeastern Louisiana University.
- Once you "Submit" your profile, your account will be approved for full access within 2-3 days.
Note: We require employers to use their work email addresses. You cannot use Gmail, Yahoo, or other personal email addresses. We realize local businesses may not have the required information and ask that you contact us at (985) 549-2121 to speak with a staff member to verify your account.
POSTING A JOB IN HANDSHAKE
- Click “Post a Job” from your home dashboard, or click on “Jobs” in the left hand navigation bar.
- Then click “Create Job” in the top right hand corner of the next screen.
- Fill in the job title and corresponding information. Any required information will have an asterisk beside it. Employers can also add a link to their external application.
- Next, fill in detailed information about the job, such as the description, rate of pay, and job functions.
- On the bottom of that page, specify to whom you would like the application packages delivered, as well has how often you would like to receive those emails.
- Once the information is complete, select “Southeastern” and choose the application dates. All jobs will be defaulted to a two-month period.
- Select “Preview” on the bottom navigation to preview your job.
- Select “Save” in the lower right corner to save the job and send your posting out to Southeastern.
- All jobs are approved by the Office of Career Services and will be available to students within 2-3 days.
- You will receive an email once your job has been approved.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR CAREER FAIRS IN HANDSHAKE
- Log in to your Handshake account.
- You can view upcoming Career Fairs from the Home page or click Fairs on the black sidebar. A list of career fairs will be on display.
- Select the Career Fair of interest. Then click the blue Register button located in the upper-right of the page to sign up for the career fair.
- Complete the Registration Form.
Select or fill in the following information:
- Registration Options
- General Items
- Basic Information: Employer description
- Open Roles
- Looking for: Employment types, Job types, School years, Major groups
- Extra Questions – questions managed by the school hosting the fair
- Once all information is filled out, click on the blue Create Registration in the lower-right corner of the page.
- Career Services will need to approve your registration. You will not be able to pay for a fair until after your company is approved.
Please call the Office of Career Services at (985) 549-2121 if you have any questions.